Quality and Compliance Manager
Our client, one of the largest specialist vehicle converters in Ireland & the UK, wish to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer to work from their Co. Offaly based in Ireland. This represents a very good opportunity for someone with career ambition to join a longstanding progressive and dynamic company who believe that their people are their greatest asset.
The Quality and Compliance Manager is a senior management appointment and the selected person will play a key role in the companies, future development.
The successful candidate will have a 3rd Level Qualification with a minimum of 3 years’ Quality Management experience preferably in the Automotive Conversion Sector or similar.
Candidates with experience in high volume custom engineering solutions are also welcome.
Implement Continuous Improvement Programmes in an engineering environment that will help steer the company through to its next phase of development.
- The successful candidate will ideally have experience implementing and working within an ISO 9001-2015 accredited organisation.
- Maintaining and audit/amending the organisations QMS to improve the quality of the product and maintain compliance.
- You will be responsible for all liaison with NSAI and other regulatory bodies.
- Experience and exposure to automotive and emergency vehicle regulatory requirements would be a distinct advantage but not necessary.
- An ability to assimilate new regulatory requirements, in the industry sector, so that in conjunction with the Engineering Department the Company will be fully compliant.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the company is in compliance with it stated policies, procedures and work Instructions, which you will modernise, develop and re-wright as the company evolves.
- The selected person, will have responsibility for Internal Auditing and ensuring that remediation plans are developed and executed.
- You will have an understanding of how Warranty and After Sales Service is managed so that, post-delivery, defect incidence and cost are minimized.
- The role will require someone who can convert Customer Specifications into an internal ‘Build Specification’ together with relevant drawings and clear work instructions.
- The role will require an ability to implement ‘Continuous Improvement’ across the whole production cycle in an industry.
- Responsible for legislative imperatives of Health & Safety, Environment and COVID – 19.
- High level of competence in Microsoft Office and other presentation and publishing software.
- Good attention to detail, self-motivated, very good communicator and customer orientated.
- Contribute on our tender and sales presentation aimed at generating new business.
Salary: A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Apply in confidence to: Martin@protentialresources.com