Contract roles based in Cork and Limerick
Our client, a leading structural steel company in Ireland, are now recruiting an experienced Project Manager with an Engineering background. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to join a leading and expanding steel fabrication and erecting company.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Overseeing multiple projects concurrently
- Management and supervision of site foremen, engineers and commercial team’s
- Management of subcontractor selection and on-site progress
- Plan, maintain and control the financial administration of all construction work to obtain and maintain maximum cost effectiveness
- Ensure the Construction Manager is kept up to date with site progress and commercial issues
- Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks
- Preparation of Valuations/Applications for Payment on a monthly basis with full supporting documentation in an efficient and timely manner and in accordance with the contract.
- To ensure that a robust system of site records for all labour, plant, materials, and staff are kept as support for cost substantiation in the event of change and or delays to the contract Works.
- Assist in the preparation of project final accounts
- Actively participate in site project meetings and ensure that all commercial matters are discussed and problems investigated and resolved
- Involvement in job procurement and future expansion within the UK market
Minimum of 5 years’ experience within the structural steel industry
Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or Structural Engineering
Experience in a wide variety of contracts, within the residential and industrial sector
The ability to priorities multiple concurrent projects under stringent time, quality and budgetary constraints
Ability to read and understand technical specifications and drawings
Detailed working knowledge and experience in technical elements of structural steel fabrication and erection
A conscientious and a self-disciplined approach
Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to communicate with all internal and external partners
Driven and dynamic approach with long term career development focus
Competent working knowledge of Word, Outlook and excellent Excel skills
Previous Contracts Management experience preferably for a steelwork fabricator and erector.
Knowledge of construction software such as Strumis, AutoCAD or Tekla will be an advantage.
A very good remuneration package will be put in place for the selected person.