Our client is one of Irelands leading steel manufacturing companies, with state-of-the art manufacturing facilities who provide a wide range of quality products and services to the steel construction industry.
Their work ranges from major projects in Pharma, Data Centre, food processing, Warehousing and agricultural industries, to railway bridges, temporary projects with basement construction propping steels, and sports stadia.
Clients range from local authorities to the large blue-chip international organisations.
In this role you will be responsible for leading a team of Structural Engineers This role will be office based, with occasional site visits for design review meetings, site inspections, etc.
Duties and responsibilities
• Management of a team of structural engineers
• Design of steel frames for Design & Build Projects
• Connection Design / Structural Analysis – you will be responsible for ensuring all connections are designed with sufficient structural capacity to support the structure whilst being subjected to the specified ultimate forces.
• Continuous collaboration, enabling the detailing office to produce detailed structural models and drawings for fabrication purposes.
• Ensuring compliance with client requirements and contract specifications.
• Liaising and meeting with project design teams, architects, engineers, and main contractors to ensure projects are designed and fabricated in accordance with project specifications.
• Continuous collaboration with the detailing office, addressing structural design queries and ensuring connections for fabrication purposes are detailed in accordance with the engineer/ contractor design intent and to meet with available steel section sizes.
• Technical engineering support to production management personnel and site teams.
• Co-ordination of project specific structural design submittals /RFI’s for client review, ensuring projects remain within contract and specification requirements.
Honours Degree in Structural Engineering
Membership of Engineers Ireland / IStructE or similar
Experience in the structural steel industry- site and design office perspectives