A new and exciting opportunity has arisen with our client who are a leing name in the Irish Construction world.
We are seeking an experienced Procurement manager for a permanent role based at their head office.
Great opportunity to join a successful and rapidly growing business.
- Pre-qualification and set up of new suppliers according to company procedures. Carry out regular supplier assessment of existing suppliers. Negotiate agreements and prices with suppliers.
- Assists with the planning and management of budgets, policies, and practices for the company.
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers.
- Manage company internal purchasing system in line with company policy, ensuring all information is accurate and up to date.
- Provide all requested purchasing and supplier related reports including quarterly spend report, monthly KPI reports, and other report information requested by senior management.
- Provides coaching and guidance on job performance and career development to direct reports.
- Reporting of all procurement saving.
- Conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
- liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, and relevant internal departments.
- forecast price trends and their impact on future activities.
- Develop a purchasing strategy.
- Manage and responsible for purchasing department.
- Candidates must have a graduated from Purchasing and Supply, Business, or similar discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong business and commercial acumen.
- Skilled negotiator
- Ability to build and develop strong trusting relationships with suppliers and colleagues.
- Used to working under strict deadlines with ability to prioritise and delegate workload.
- Excellent organizational, multitasking skills, with good attention to detail.