As a senior member of the site leadership team, you will have overall responsibility for the management and development of an engineering team within a highly automated 24/7 food production and packaging facility.
You will take ownership of performance against KPI’s and lead CI initiatives in all areas of plant maintenance and utilities.
- Adopt a collaborative approach and ensure active participation in decision making
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all site functions including EHS, Production, Food Safety and Quality, technical, Finance, HR.
- Lead, coach, develop engineering and team leaders, encourage cross functional skills and flexibility
- Identify training needs, establish and monitor KPI metrics to support growth and development of team
- Conduct daily meetings and attend management meetings as required
- Coach and develop direct reports via 1 to 1’s, and via formal review processes, managing personal development plans
- Oversee maintenance action plans to address root cause, ensure close out is implemented and SOP’s are updated
- Ensure 2/7 coverage across site, ensure PPM activity
- Monitor PPM systems for all areas of plant and equipment update PPM via KPIs, service levels, maintenance schedules and condition monitoring
- Ensure Building Utilities maintenance including Heating/Ventilation, Fire Protection, Plant, Pipework etc, to ensure a safe working environment.
- Monitor sub contract labour on site
- Resolve all site issues timely and communicate corrective action to aid future decision making
Lead culture of CI in all areas of maintenance and operations
Develop and recommend improvement plans, Lead and participate in operational andmatenance initiative to improve uptime and OEE, using Lean tools
Take a lead role in daily plant performance review
Health and Safety
- Support a positive Health an Safety culture within the department
- Ensure incidents/accidents reported and recorded in detail
- Encourage maintenance team engagement in safety tours
- Ensure all PPE clothing and equipment worn in line with ISO145001
- Drive and support the team in safety, quality and environmental awareness
- Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Manufacturing Engineering
- 3 years recent and relevant experience of leading a team of Engineers within a regulated manufacturing environment, ideally within food/dairy/pharma or similar industry.
- Experience in being a member of a member of a site leadership team
- Strong understanding of SOPs
- Lean training