Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client, one of the largest specialist vehicle converters in Ireland & the UK, wish to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer to work from their Co. Offaly based in Ireland. This represents a very good opportunity for someone with career ambition to join a longstanding progressive and dynamic company who believe hat their people are their greatest asset.
The successful candidate will be proficient in the Solid Works 3D drawing package.
The success of role depends on having good teamwork, in particular with Pre-Production, Production, Purchasing, Electrical and Planning.
Meet with industry standards with which conversions are carried out, for example CEN 1789 2010, EWVTA.
Responsible to – Operations Manager.
Skills required for the Mechanical Design Engineer Role
- Experienced in Solid Works, Autodesk Inventor (3D CAD) or similar.
- Experience of project management, an ability to coordinate multiple projects and priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Power-point and Conversant in email and attachment of data.
- Attention to detail, self-motivated, well organised and a good communicator.
- Ability to adapt to new engineering environments and regulatory requirements.
- Mountable Box body and Van conversion design for Ambulance Build, Testing and Certification, Build Specification Development and Change Control.
- Preparation of compliance information and drawings for all Testing, Certification and Regulatory Compliance.
- Preparation of ‘Fabricated’ parts drawings and liaison with suppliers.
- Preparation of Workshop Build Specification from Customer Specification including 2D/3D Drawings.
- Managing of Change Control
- Preparation of shop floor Work Instructions.
- Preparation of As-Built Drawings and Technical/Service Manuals on completion of project.
- Preparation of Tender Drawings.
- Attending meetings with Customer and updating drawings & specifications from matters discussed.
- Data compilation and analytical work using Excel spreadsheets.
- Determination of load balance on finished vehicles.
- Preparation of IVA applications and other regulatory paperwork.
- Preparation of working drawings for cabinet fabrication.
- Project assignments as required.
Salary: A very good remuneration package will be provider to the selected person.
Apply in confidence to: Martin@protentialresources.com