Our client is a leading manufacturer with a long-established reputation for high-quality animal feeds. Their facilities supply feeds for a wide range of farm livestock across the island of Ireland, supported by excellent technical service.
They now wish to recruit a Technical Quality Assistant Manager with a number of years’ experience in a similar role or from a food background. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is ambitious and determined to progress their career in the animal feed sector.
This role offers an excellent opportunity to join a market leading and innovative manufacturer and supplier of animal feed. The Technical Quality Assistant Manager will work closely with the Senior Management Team and Quality & Environmental Department on key aspects of feed quality and technical support.
- Analyse and report quality results
- Maintain and update feed declarations & oversee feed labelling & formulation records
- Assist with routine production sampling and review, compile and communication of results
- Maintain records and oversee the manufacture of specialist feeds
- Assist the Quality and Environmental Officer to conduct traceability, internal audits & external supplier audits
- Participate in the maintenance of development of the quality assurance systems including HACCP and participation in customer audits, assurance scheme audits and maintenance of regulatory compliance
- Support the development of systems and processes to improve operational efficiency within the mill
- Provide support to the commercial colleagues with customer technical/assurance requirements
- Minimum Level 8 qualification (BSc Hons) in Agricultural Science/Animal Science and/or similar.
- Previous experience in some of the following areas would be desirable: Animal Nutrition and Feed, Process Engineering and Regulatory Affairs/Quality Assurance
- A high level of I.T. competency is required, ideally with previous experience of data analysis, process control, formulation and ERP systems
- A good general knowledge and appreciation of agricultural production and knowledge of animal nutrition would be an advantage
- The role requires an individual that is a self-motivated and an assertive team player with an excellent problem-solving ability, is well organised with strong attention to detail and is a great communicator
A very good remuneration package will be provided to the selected person.
Contact Martin today on 0862542530