Areas of Responsibility:
Improvement & Efficiency
- Undertake and contribute to projects relating to reduction of energy costs across all areas
- Act to identify new opportunities to improve machine performance and reliability and via design, effect improvements efficiencies, troubleshooting engineering problems
- Proactively identify and resolve problems prior to them impacting performance and reliability
- Identify resource requirements from planned preventative maintenance schedules, and ensure effective utilisation of resources in accordance with department budgets
- Assist in group problem solving in conjunction with production department
- Support to the production team on equipment breakdowns
- Assist in the development of the preventative maintenance programme and routines within Computer Maintenance Management System
- Support operational activities in the Waste Water Treatment Plant, supporting technical staff and ensuring equipment is calibrated and records maintained
- Work closely with projects to improve operational performance of Waste Water Treatment Plant
- Be involved in the site ERT & Safety teams
- Remain fully conversant with plant operations and processes
- Maintain and upgrade steam distribution, air distribution, water and electrical networks
- Maintain up to date knowledge of technical equipment specification, fault diagnosis and maintenance procedures via technical briefs and equipment manual updates
- Ensure technical manuals are up to date
Health and Safety
- Understand, observe and ensure compliance with Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Participate in and ensure that safety work place inspections are completed in accordance with schedule and standards.
- Attend Health and Safety meetings.
- Support and promote the development of an effective and pro-active safety culture on site.
- Complete H&S e-learning.
Control & Systems
- Facilitate the stock control of engineering stores
- Update machine histories and other maintenance records as work is undertaken
- Following repair / maintenance / installation, ensure settings or calibrations are correct and report immediately any conditions that may impinge upon finished product quality
- Qualified Technician (Fitter / Electrician) with at least 2 years relevant experience maintaining and repairing a range of equipment in an automated manufacturing environment.
- Preferably experienced in the food / dairy manufacturing environment.
You will work on a continental shift work pattern over 7 days both days and nights.