Reporting to the Principal Engineer you will be a member of the site Engineering Team in Dublin.
You will have a proven ability to design and validate technical solutions to enhance medical diagnostic instrumentation products.
This role requires an individual with a strong aptitude for systems level thinking, technology integration and a strong mechanical engineering background.
Experience with a significant subset of the key technologies involved in modern instrumentation such as fluidics, pneumatics, moulding, electro mechanics, software, electronics, optics, machining & metal fabrication is required.
The role will require you to act as a technical lead and key decision maker in supporting both internal activities and key suppliers in the manufacture and design of medical diagnostic equipment. Providing product and process design solutions to enhance internal process capability and the performance of installed products at customer sites.
You will have the ability to structure, plan, prioritize and deliver own work and that of the team you lead.
Experience in technically directing cross functional teams for product and process design solutions including all necessary validation activities and a proven ability in structured problem solving, design for robustness & cost reduction is required.
- A deep technical competency of mechanical engineering is essential with knowledge of electromechanical / automation design and a proven ability to design parts, assemblies, jigs, fixtures & test equipment is required. Familiarity in optics, biochemistry and/or statistics would be an advantage.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and test of medical instrumentation product platforms in a low volume, high complexity and highly regulated technology environment.
- Design and validate technical solutions to enhance product and process capability.
- Areas include: – design for performance, design for manufacture, design for reliability enhancement, performance tuning, test fixture development, cost reduction and product budgeting, component obsolescence, development of manufacturing assembly and test process, technology transfers, lean process development, field service support and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to analyse problems to root cause with a structured approach and fully develop solutions, including all associated planning and design validation activity.
- You will be a local process owner, able to develop and manage systems of metrics for manufacturing and projects. Complete systems analysis and develop projects to drive continuous improvement in key metrics in alignment with Lean, 6 Sigma, Design Robustness Principles and A3 Problem Solving Principles.
- Contribute to product and process design initiatives through all design stage phases (problem definition, containment, setting target condition, root cause, solution design, validation, implementation, monitoring on the production floor).
- Participate in continuous development of the quality system, including SOP’s, workflow development, product and process validations with the ability to write concise technical reports.
- Support NPI and technology transfer initiatives from design through to maturation of product and process. Familiar with Product Lifecycle Management control systems for configuration control.
- Ability to lead and mentor Engineers and provide technical leadership to problem solving
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical discipline (Mechanical, Mechatronic, Med Engineering) with 8 years relevant engineering experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in alternative disciplines will be considered if balanced by relevant engineering experience.
- Strong Mechanical / Electro mechanical / systems design skills for both product and manufacturing fixtures.
- Structured analysis skills with experience in complex technical trouble shooting
- Practical experience of supplier or manufacturing fabrication processes is desirable.
- experience in modern world class manufacturing disciplines (lean, six-sigma, DOE) desirable.