In this role you will provide technical process expertise to the manufacturing Operation.
You will optimise the process and operating parameters to efficiently deliver the product specification to meet customer needs.
- Provide specialist technical expertise to drive process and equipment optimisation.
- Work with a cross-section of Managers, employees, vendors and suppliers in the design and implementation of plant improvements and process optimisation.
- Make appropriate technical recommendations based on current research and technology developments.
- Provide technical assistance in the delivery of plant projects, including plant quality and efficiency improvement projects, capital investment and writing associated technical PSOPs.
- Lead technical services projects to achieve targets and goals, and provide support to the plant continuous improvement teams.
- Support the develop and establish production procedures and PSOPs and training Team Leaders Operators, and other relevant personnel
- Audit, monitor and maintain compliance with operational and technical PSOPs and Company standards.
- Proactively review and monitor production performance KPIs, to provide support and guidance to the Operations team in response to variances and trends.
- Troubleshoot operational problems in areas such as quality, efficiency, product yields and product consistency.
- Develop the Technical knowledge and competence of the plant operators through structured coaching and training.
- Ensure that your role is performed with due regard for the requirements of the Company Equality of Opportunity Policy and Harassment Policies.
- Undertaking training in new methods and refresher training in existing methods where appropriate.
- Participate in the training of others
- Third level qualification in Food Technology, Food Science or Food Nutrition related subject
- 2 years’ experience in a technical or food manufacturing environment, chemical or pharmaceutical industry.
- A formal qualification or accredited training in any of the following areas would be an advantage:
· Statistical Process Control
· LEAN Manufacturing
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent communication – both oral and written
- Confident and credible with good influencing skills
- Able to display initiative and apply problem solving
- Good organisational skills and structured methodology
- Able to meet prioritise and meet deadlines
- Adaptable to short- & long-term change