Our Client, a leading structural steel company in Ireland, are now recruiting an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their team. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual with a good knowledge of Structural Steel Operations to join a large and progressive company who tender for and win large and prestigious projects.
You will be working on live projects on the Irish market as part of the construction team reporting directly to the Commercial Manager.
The main duties in this role will be as follows:
- Engage with the estimating team to review tender documents and contracts during the tender process.
- Engage with Client and Contractors construction contracts and project documentation.
- Liaise with production and project managers, identify subcontracting elements of projets and appoint sub contractors.
- Prepare sub contractor documents and associated contracts.
- Prepare project budgets in consultation with the estimation team and accounts department
- Review all construction issue drawings, issue and agree variations with client.
- Complete take off of structural steel, metal decking, cladding and painting from construction drawings.
- Compile interim payment applications and submit to the client.
- Compile, submit project final accounts and agree with client.
- Compile allocation sheets for labour and plant times on site, hiring and off hiring plant.
- Prepare weekly project financial status, highlight cost variations to budgets and recommend remedial actions and costs.
- Prepare sub contractor payment applications and agree sub- contractor final account
- Build a good working relationship with clients detailing variations and extra worksclaims.
- Visit sites at least once per week, walk the work areas with the project manager and site foreman to review how works are proceeding.
Seven years working experience as a QS with Structural Steel or General Construction.
Ability to work within a team, on own initiative and excellent attention to detail.
Proficient in excel, word, outlook and project management.
Excellent negotiator – specifically with regards to agreeing project variations/final accounts.
Excellent written and verbal communication, excellent organisational skills.
Lead projects and build a strong working relationship with all internal and external partners.
An excellent remuneration package will be available to the appointed person.
Apply in Confidence to: email@example.com