The Quality Manager will be responsible for compliance and management of the Food Safety and Quality Management System. They will provide technical support to the Production Stream to ensure current product quality & safety standards are maintained and enhanced where appropriate. Working with the Production Management team to build relationships, develop trust and promote a quality first culture, enabling the effective and sustainable ethos of Quality standards throughout the site. The ideal candidate needs to be a self -starter, work under own initiative, assertive and highly motivated. Attention to detail coupled with strong problem solving & decision making ability is key
- Overall responsibility for implementation, co-ordination, management and improvement of Food Safety and Quality Management Systems Standards including BRC , ISO22000 and customer specifications.
- Lead the HACCP Team and manage all site HACCP, pre-requisite quality programs, and all Quality/Food Safety related programmes to meet regulatory and food safety requirements.
- Lead and manage all regulatory, customer, & third party audits
- Implement CAPA programmes and ensure plant audit corrective action plans are implemented in an effective and timely manner.
- To ensure all standardised work is conducted in a hygienic, safe manner in line with Best Manufacturing Practice in the food industry.
- Administration of the raw material & finished product specifications database & supplier database.
- Responsible for ensuring labelling requirements are met & adhered to.
- Manage and deliver on agreed annual quality objectives programme and quality targets.
- Best Practice Quality Management: To take ownership and manage all aspects of the systems to meet and exceed best practice in the food industry including but not exclusive to: Calibration, Plant & Fabric design and maintenance, Allergen Control, Product & environmental microbiology, Product chemistry, Packaging / Coding / Labelling, Cleaning, incoming raw materials, Suppliers.
- Address quality issues (Internal and Customer Complaints) by implementing rigorous root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Projects: The role would include possible project work/support within other areas of the Technical department if and when required due to business requirements.
- Proven track record in a Quality role & a minimum of 2 years’ experience in managing a team
- Proficient in word/excel/trend analysis
- Ability to demonstrate Leadership skills
- Robust understanding of Food Safety and Quality Management Systems along with knowledge & experience of the BRC Global Food Standard.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Clear demonstration of an ability to provide guidance and motivation to others.