- Manage a unit within the Production department.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety regulations are adhered to by all employees within the unit
- Ensure that the product is to the agreed quality standard and manufactured on time in full to the production schedule
- Ensure that performance and time and attendance of operatives is adequately monitored and managed in line with company procedures
- Train operatives in the operation of machinery within the unit
Management of Production
- Adherence to the Production plan and achieving the Lean Sheet targets in output and quality
- Lead and co-ordinate the day to day activities
- Responsible for the Quality output
- Responsible for the labour efficiency
- Adherence to and monitoring of daily scrap and rework targets, assist in developing and implementing plans to eliminate scrap.
- Responsible for trouble shooting and problem solving
- Lead and promote continuous improvement
- Establish the requirements for training and development of employees to ensure compliance with prduction objectives and targets.
- Ensuring training matrix is maintained/up to date
- Responsible for displaying production information, adherence to plan, performance, scrap and rework figures.
- Responsible for improvement initiatives including 5S.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND WORK RELATED SKILLS REQUIRED T
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SAP etc
- Results orientated.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage deadline