In this role you will supervise factory operatives and ensure all areas of the factory are operating efficiently. You will liaise the with production manager to ensure all works are planned and coordinated in line with company best practice and procedures.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead, Supervise and delegate work to your team
- Communicate, support and liaise with other factory supervisors
- Provide weekly reports on Production output
- Attend Daily White Boards and SPA boards
- Carry out quality inspections and dimensional checks
- Implementation of site health and safety procedures
- Actively coach and train current and new team members on SOPs
- Host and hold daily team meetings and handovers
- Constantly improve production process and flows
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience of managing people/teams daily
- Experience in the steel industry – fabrication and welding, machines
- Communicates effectively using both verbal [One to One, Toolbox Talks, Coaching Sessions]
- Comfortable with change management
- Excellent attention to detail, communication, planning and leadership skills.
- Safety First Leadership to ensure team members are engaged in maintaining and operating work areas, equipment, and processes in a safe and orderly manner.
- Completion of a Visual Welding Inspection Course would be advantageous
- Lean Training
- Health and Safety supervisory