· Shift responsibility for theeffective and efficient operation a highly
automated 24 /7 food Production and Packing plant.
· You will take ownership and accountable on shift for the department’s performance against agreed targets and key performance indicators (KPIs).
· You will ensure continuous improvement across all key operational metrics, achieved through effective management of people and processes with strong engagement and development of Production Operators in a lean manufacturing environment.
Shift team of up to 14 Operators (plus 1 QA and 2 Engineers) per shift
Managing all of the day to day operations from raw material intake, through production to packaging and dispatch. Responsible for the site when working out of normal working hours
Production and Packing
- Managing all aspects of production and packing on shift, identifying and supporting opportunities for continuous improvement
- Monitor all process control points on a continuous basis taking appropriate action as necessary to optimise and maintain product
- Escalate any process or quality issues t
- Monitoring and accurately recording usage, yield, quality and efficiency data to accurately track plant performance vs targets and budget
- Ensure timely and accurate records are maintained and that all operational checks are carried out and documented
- Reviewing and analysing trends and proactively reporting results and actions
- Support the maintenance team to deliver best practice asset care through correct operation of process equipment and early escalation and resolution of potential issues.
- Inform maintenance of potential and actual mechanical problems and follow through to completion to avoid and minimise downtime
- Promote effective problem solving involving all team members through the use of a formal structured process.
- Identify improvement opportunities to improve safety, quality and operational efficiency including waste minimisation
- Lead on agreed continuous improvement initiates using structured LEAN tools
- Provide clear leadership to the shift production team
- Set clear standards and expectations for each direct report a
- Coach and develop direct reports through regular one-to-ones and a formal performance review
- Ensure all shift Operators have received effective induction and formal training
- Lead daily shift briefings
- Prepare comprehensive shift reports detailing department performance vs targets
- Ensure effective shift handover
- Communicate directly and appropriately with Quality and Maintenance teams
- Work closely with QA to ensure correct clean down and site GMP standards are achieved and maintained within the department
- Monitor product code specifications to ensure good quality is consistently achieved
- Monitor product quality continuously and react and report where issues arise that may affect HACCP protocols, involving Quality Team and Management
- Ensure that all food safety and CCP procedures are observed and report any issues that may constitute a hygiene or safety risk
Health, Safety & Hygiene
- Proactively support the on-going development of safety through effective leading KPIs
- Progressively make the work environment safer through Risk assessments, hazard registers
- Ensure that all staff are issued with, trained in and are using the correct PPE
- Ensure accidents and incidents are thoroughly investigated and escalated , that root causes of these are identified and eliminated
- Ensure all Production Operatives are fully aware of site environmental standards
- Proven background in shift supervision in production or manufacturing environment, with evidence of consistent achievement of production targets.
- Ideally you will have previous experience in the Food sector
- Ideally you will have a formal 3rd Level qualification or accredited training in the area of Supervisory/Production Management or in Food Science / Technology
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of how safe working practices are applied in the production environment
- Be able to undertake a continental shift work pattern and be flexible to move between teams if and when required, with sufficient notice.