Our client was established to meet the growing demand for plant based proteins globally. Their aim is to enable the food and beverage industry to sustainably meet the demand for proteins from plant sources. They offer a range of proteins , all of which are manufactured in the UK to the highest of standards in their modern production facility. They are focused on producing plant proteins backed by nutritional, sensory and application science. We are assisting them in recruiting for an experienced Production Manager based in their plant in Somerset
- Responsible for overall, production management in line with company UK business plan & requirements
- Management of production staff / operators / process engineer’s production duties / shifts etc.
- Management of maintenance schedule for production in line requirements
- Ensuring H&S requirements are met in line with QM team and UK H&S law.
- Liaise with P&O manager on development and scaling of new process/product development.
- Raw materials supply, sourcing, and quality management of raw material suppliers & QM team
- Training of production team in line with process and quality procedures
- Management of third-party contractors where required for production requirements (Utilities, M&E, Local Authorities)
- Liaison with other Group companies for support of business where required.
Experience / Skills:
- Technical / Manufacturing background ideally with food ingredient production experience (min. 3-5yrs)
- Supervisory experience with good people management skills – production staff
- A. BSc Degree in relevant discipline (Life sciences, Chemistry or Manufacturing) is essential
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Good IT & Numerical skills, strong organization, work load prioritizing & efficiency skills
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills
- Good project management skills
All employees will be expected to live the company values of:
- Service Excellence – customers come first
- Pace- respond to the needs of customers with real urgency
- Innovation – encourage and develop new ideas and creative thinking as the basis for continuous improvement and continued future success.
- Respect- value our colleagues and each other, respect our differences and the different contributions that each of us can make.
- Teamwork- create a friendly and social environment with colleagues across the business to build a team that is successful.