This is a key role within in the manufacturing of medical diagnostic equipment in which you will act as a leader within the engineering team in providing comprehensive support to production in the manufacturing and continuous development of complex medical diagnostic equipment.
This will include instrument design improvements, technology transfers, assembly processes, test strategy and ongoing customer support of leading-edge laboratory instrumentation. You will lead a team of engineers in problem solving, design development and managing production outages. This will include design and verification of technical solutions to solve problems, enhance products and process capability in the areas of electromechanical, automation, materials, software & fluidics. You will have excellent skills across various technologies, understand systems, and be a leader, technical leader and key decision maker.
A background in machine design or manufacturing engineering and background in managing complex products across different technologies is required.
You will have the ability to lead a technical team, trouble shoot deep technical problems to root cause, operate and drive continuous improvement in the engineering team.
You will report to the engineering manager on site in Dublin and will form part of a flexible engineering team covering manufacturing engineering, new product development and product lifecycle engineering.
To be successful in this role, you will be confident managing our teams whilst setting goals, budgets and timelines for various technical projects. Be capable of working in a complex multi-site, multi-interface environment where communication is critical in order to deliver projects from end to end.
- Lead a technical team of engineers, providing key mentorship to ensure projects are delivered achieving all customer requirements and on target.
- Lead and champion full end to end technical ownership for product, process & technical development of our medical device products including DFSS & DFM considerations.
- Lead technical & process support to production for medical devices in a low volume, high complexity and highly regulated technology environment.
- Analyse & lead deep technical problems to root cause with a structured approach and develop solutions across different technologies (materials, moulding, thermal, fluidic, mechanical, electrical, software). Act as a source of technical reference and key decision maker in technology or process area.
- Develop strategy for implementation of continuous improvement methodologies to increase quality and efficiency of product and process operations.
- A deep technical competency in the area of mechanical / electro mechanical / fluidic / automation design is required with a proven ability to design parts, assemblies, jigs, fixtures & test equipment. Familiarity in optics, biochemistry and/or statistics an advantage.
- Delivering projects & tasks to meet business needs at pace using Agile Scrum.
- Participate in new product developments by providing detailed design, DFM & DFSS guidance in alignment with Lean and 6 sigma techniques
- Define and lead technology transfer initiatives, lead design of product enhancements and validation of design changes.
- Develop & sustain world class manufacturing and supply chain processes to suit low volume manufacture in association with key stakeholders.
- Responsible for day-to-day leadership of engineering activity ensuring KPI’s are trending positively and proactively ensuring no missed outputs while delivering CI..
- Lead the team to design solutions for products and process across different disciplines (mechanical, electronic, electrical, or software).
- Have excellent knowledge of verification & validation related to design and process changes. Have statistics knowledge to understand process control and sampling rationale
- Manage a complex work scope and provide comprehensive reporting to the business level product teams on key technical initiatives.
- Manage budgets, CAPEX, OPEX, department and project
- Manage product and component redesign initiatives in response to obsolescence, enhancement, reliability or design to cost initiatives in a regulated environment.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant technical discipline (electrical, electronic, mechanical, systems or computer science) with a minimum of 7 years relevant experience across different technologies in a manufacturing engineering environment that has experience of Design changes
- Strong Mechanical/ Electromechanical / systems design skills for both product and manufacturing fixtures
- Strong leadership skills, ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully.
- Requires highly developed leadership skills/experience sufficient to assume the responsibilities of this management position, including the ability to map task interdependencies, multi-task, prioritize such tasks, meet deadlines, and develop, monitor and live within budgets as well as the demonstrated ability to forecast major milestones.
- Have strong analysis skills with experience of complex technical trouble shooting. Experience implementing engineer changes in a highly regulated environment.
- Must be able to manage and resolve conflicting product and project requirements
- Previous experience in medical devices industry would be an advantage.
email rob@protentialresources to apply or to arrange a call