You will lead a team to continuously improve the manufacture of product by designing, operating, and implementing optimal moulding, tooling and automation processes projects that maintain efficiency, reduce cost, improve sustainability and maximise profitability.
You will provide technical expertise ensuring current and future projects run in accordance with relevant standards and specifications.
- Responsible for successful execution of engineering, tooling automation projects designed to deliver robust and optimized manufacturing processes, as well as the provision of day-to-day technical support and expertise to the team.
- Preparing, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring the assigned engineering projects.
- Develop communication plans to build relationships manage stakeholder expectations during the life cycle of the project.
- Provide regular project status updates as required track costs where appropriate.
- Conduct project investigations; equipment and process related troubleshooting, and root cause analysis, implementing appropriate corrective and preventative actions where necessary.
- Support the introduction and transfer of moulds equipment into production.
- Building relationships with clients to interpret their needs and requirements
- Liaise with external suppliers in relation to critical technical specifications.
- Deliver accurate, concise, and high-quality project documentation.
- Support all departments, particularly production, quality, and tooling, in relation to engineering changes projects.
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with other project participants to provide assistance and technical support
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Provide technical support and expertise as required to achieve process optimisation and/or new product introduction.
- Apply a project management approach to successfully deliver projects and process improvements on time and in budget, while appropriately managing risk.
- Conduct post project reviews and recommend improvements to ensure the function is best structured to support ongoing change projects.
- Demonstrate a high level of accountability and ownership for both personal and team performance.
- Train, coach and mentor colleagues on new technologies and/or manufacturing processes.
- Ensure highest Quality Compliance standards, participating and complying with the Quality Management System.
- Identify and generate opportunities for improvement and actively participate in the implementation of corrective action plans and continuous improvement initiatives.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in related field (e.g., Engineering, Program Management, Polymer Processing or similar).
- Have extensive and directly relevant experience as a Project Engineer in high-volume injection moulding manufacturing, including demonstrable project management experience.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification would be an advantage.
- Be fully experienced in using tools such as Microsoft suites, especially MS Project.
- Be proficient in the use of Lean Manufacturing principles (SMED, Six Sigma, etc.).
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully manage stakeholder relationships.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Decision making ability leadership skills
- Have comprehensive knowledge of QMS principles (preferably ISO 13485)
- Have strong information management, analytical and numerical skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Be flexible to travel on company business from time to time.