You will support Engineering and Production to continuously improve manufacture by designing, operating and implementing optimal moulding, tooling and automation processes to maintain efficiency, reduce cost, and improve sustainability. Ypu will provide technical expertise to ensure that current and future projects run in accordance with company and customer standards/specifications
- Responsible for the successful execution of projects designed to deliver robust and optimized manufacturing processes, as well as the provision of day-to-day technical support and expertise to the Production teams.
- Conduct product investigations; equipment and process related troubleshooting, and root cause analysis, implementing appropriate corrective and preventative actions where necessary.
- Assist the introduction of new products and/or processing technologies from development stage through to routine full-scale manufacture, ensuring a cost effective, compliant and robust process is achieved.
- Assist introduction and validation of new tooling equipment to include the completion of validations and documentation where required.
- Support the introduction and transfer of new moulds into production.
- Liaise with external toolmakers and equipment suppliers in relation to critical technical specifications.
- Support all departments, particularly Quality and Tooling, in relation to Engineering changes.
- Provide technical support and expertise as required to achieve process optimisation and/or new product introduction.
- Make process decisions based on risk and the interpretation of data sets ensuring consultation and communication with stakeholders.
- Apply a project management approach to successfully deliver projects and process improvements on time and in budget, while appropriately managing risk.
- Demonstrate a high level of accountability and ownership for both personal and team performance.
- Train, coach and mentor colleagues on new technologies and/or manufacturing processes.
- Ensure highest Quality Compliance standards, participating and complying with the Quality Management System.
- Identify and generate opportunities for improvement and actively participate in the implementation of corrective action plans and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including quality requirements, financial controls, health and safety regulations, etc.
- Third level qualification in a relevant field (Engineering, Manufacturing Systems, Polymer Processing, or similar).
- Relevant experience as a Moulding Process Engineer in high-volume injection moulding manufacturing, including process validation and project management experience.
- Experience in validation activities from design FAT right through to PQ.
- Proficient in the use of Lean Manufacturing principles (SMED, Six Sigma, etc.).
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully manage stakeholder relationships.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- knowledge of QMS principles (preferably ISO 13485)
- Experience using MS Project to track deliver moulding/tooling/automation projects would be a distinct advantage.
- Be flexible to travel on company business.