We are recruiting on behalf of a leading manufacturing client based in Westmeath for an experienced Metrology Technician.
This role will is permanent, and a day shift post.
You will be resposible for:
- Ensuring that all H&S guidelines relating to measurement equipment are observed. Report breaches to be reported to H&S Officer.
- Taking part in design of measurement equipment and fixtures with the project team to ensure best practices and customer requirements are observed.
- Developing and maintaining all procedures relating to the metrology laboratory.
- Identify error sources contributing to GR&R and determine reliability of measurement processes.
- Responsible for adjusting measurement systems in line with the identified error sources.
- Ensureing all international & customer related standards are maintained and applied to all measurement system processes
- Development of programs for all metrology equipment.
- Ensure revision control is maintained and secured (tamper proof).
- Provide the metrology service to all departments as required within required timeframes
- CMM measurement
- Gauge maintenance
- Calibration and calibration schedule for all on site equipment
- Interpretation and reporting of statistical data to interested parties within required timeframes
- Assisting engineering in investigations of customer complaints within required timeframes
- Proactively work with the Quality Manager on continuously improving the Labs’ processes & procedures
- Conduct research on measurement techniques for future reference
Experience, Training and Skills Required
Certificate / diploma in an engineering discipline equivalent together with experience in a manufacturing environment.
- CAD experience would be an advantage
- Must have excellent statistical process control knowledge
- Proficient in software associated with statistical process control
- An ability to read and decipher engineering drawings
- Ability to function as a team member
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of software.