Our client, one of the largest specialist vehicle converters in Ireland & the UK, wish to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer to work from their Co. Offaly base in Ireland. This represents a very good opportunity for someone with career ambition to join a longstanding, progressive and dynamic company who believe that their people are their greatest asset.
- The successful candidate will be proficient in the Solid Works 3D drawing package.
- The success of this role depends on having good teamwork, in particular with Pre-Production, Production, Purchasing, Electrical and Planning.
- Meet with industry standards with which conversions are carried out, for example CEN 1789 2010, EWVTA.
Responsible to – Operations Manager.
Skills required for the Mechanical Design Engineer Role
- Experienced in Solid Works, Autodesk Inventor (3D CAD) or similar.
- Experience of project management, an ability to coordinate multiple projects and priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Power-point and Conversant in email and attachment of data.
- Attention to detail, self-motivated, well organised and a good communicator.
- Ability to adapt to new engineering environments and regulatory requirements.
- Mountable Box body and Van conversion design for Ambulance Build, Testing and Certification, Build Specification Development and Change Control.
- Preparation of compliance information and drawings for all Testing, Certification and Regulatory Compliance.
- Preparation of ‘Fabricated’ parts drawings and liaison with suppliers.
- Preparation of Workshop Build Specification from Customer Specification including 2D/3D Drawings.
- Managing of Change Control
- Preparation of shop floor Work Instructions.
- Preparation of As-Built Drawings and Technical/Service Manuals on completion of project.
- Preparation of Tender Drawings.
- Attending meetings with Customer and updating drawings & specifications from matters discussed.
- Data compilation and analytical work using Excel spreadsheets.
- Determination of load balance on finished vehicles.
- Preparation of IVA applications and other regulatory paperwork.
- Preparation of working drawings for cabinet fabrication.
- Project assignments as required.
Salary: A very good remuneration package will be provided to the selected person.