Working within a team of 6 engineers, and reporting to the Principal NPI Engineer, you will be involved in the Manufacture (transfer, build, test, refurbishment) of complex medical equipment for a world leading medical manufacturing organization.
Manufacturing of diagnostics instrumentation is a challenging and highly regulated business with low volumes and an integration of diverse technologies.
Rates of design change can be high.
Processes need to be customised to the business.
- Develop world class manufacturing and supply chain processes within a low volume, high technology environment (diagnostic instrumentation). Process modeling, line layout, Line balancing, Labor time determination, cycle time optimization, make buy analysis, work cell, manufacturing and test fixture design.
- Provide daily technical trouble shooting support to manufacturing and test, acting as technical reference and decision maker – strong diagnostic and mechanical skills
- Develop and manage systems of metrics, analysis and projects to drive continuous improvement of key metric’s in alignment with Lean, 6 Sigma, Design Robustness Principles and A3 Problem Solving Principles.
- Support technology transfer initiatives, design & implement supporting infrastructure and fixtures
- Contribute to the resolution and prevention of supplier related outages.
- contribute to product and process design initiatives through all design stage phases (problem definition, containment, setting target condition, root cause, solution design, validation, implementation, standardization and monitoring on the production floor).
- Contribute to the continuous development of the quality system, including standard operating procedures (SOP’s), product and process validations coupled with the ability to write concise technical reports.
- Lead change and technically mentor teams to best in class practice. Influence change at all levels
- Provide engineering support and technical Knowledge to Manufacturing.
- Coordinate with R&D and Procurement to ensure the best design for manufacturing is achieved.
- Ensure that the designs stay within the cost target
- Set up and lead meetings with vendors and R&D
- Participate in cross functional design reviews.
- Create process instructions for inhouse production.
- Participate in cell and line design
- Mechanical and Electromechanical systems
- Software/ networking
- Lean and six sigma techniques (VSM, 3P, Kaizen etc.),
- Industrial /Manufacturing engineering skills -low volume
- Technology transfers- multidisciplinary
- Interface with suppliers across technologies
- Design experience- instrumentation area
- Excellent Communication skills both oral and written
- Project planning and report writing
- Quality Systems, product and process validations
- 3 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (QQI level 8) in relevant discipline (Manufacturing, Mechanical, Applied Physics, Physics, Electromechanical, Electronics, Optics, etc.).
- Formal training in WCM disciplines (JIT, lean, six sigma,) would be an advantage.
- Experience in being a part of teams and projects with strong communications written and verbal. Ability to work in technically complex multi discipline areas.