On a day to day basis, you will be responsible for the executing, monitoring and recording of breakdowns and breakdown follow ups.
You will be responsible for delivering a high-quality maintenance service to production and ensure that maintenance works efficiently, effectively, safely and in line with the maintenance strategy.
Carry out the execution of the preventive maintenance and condition-based program
- Providing maintenance support, entering data, updating equipment records, produce performance reports and participating in continuous improvement follow up
- cost control consciousness
- Electrical and Mechanical trouble-shooting
- Closely monitor line and machine performance and intervene on line as soon as any deterioration in performance occurs
- As part of the technical team, work with equipment suppliers on new equipment and installations and modifications
- Co-operate and participate fully in training and development in cross-skilling and other job-related competencies
- Update the maintenance management system (CMMS), record all changes, stores transactions made and work carried out
- Troubleshooting using PLC Programs
- Responsible for completion of planned work, shifts daily input of all works onto CMMS, parts booked out of stores and control of breakdowns
- Ensure Maintenance Manager is aware of any problems on site as soon as possible.
- Observe all onsite and legislative rules and regulations in terms of Food Safety and Health and Safety.
- Trade qualification ( Electrical or Mechanical)
- Mechanical/Electrical maintenance background.
- Experience in instrumentation an advantage (temperature calibrations)
- Multi-skilled /cross-skilled ethos
- Aptitude for process awareness, diagnostic / trouble-shooting experience gained in a Hi-volume environment
Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant Trade qualification.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience outside of apprenticeship in a similar role within foor production or other regulated manufacturing environment.
- Experienced in fault finding and problem solving
- Knowledge of high-speed mechanical systems, electrical systems, automation and PLC control systems
- Knowledge and experience in Maintenance strategy, Maintenance organisation and systems