Be responsible for the preparation and delivery of the Daily and Weekly Maintenance Plans.
Work closely with the Maintenance Team Leader, Engineers, & Maintenance Storesto ensure that :
– Notifications are converted to Work Orders, prioritised and scheduled appropriately
– Planned maintenance routines are scheduled and completed to the approved time /
Primary responsibility is to review notifications, create maintenance work orders and plan labour and material required to execute the order. Schedule the works in line with the operational plans while adhering to company rules/policies. Also responsible for updating and creating new PMs as required based on OEM recommendations, team feedback, 5 whys etc.
After the implementation of SAP PM into the factory in 2022 you will be the sites Sap PM “super user” and lead on planning and scheduling functions within Sap PM through networking with other company planners & on line forums.
· Will work closely with the Maintenance Stores Lead to ensure PM routines, parts BOM’s are reviewed and maintained as required.
· Will support and provide training for all users of the PM system users including but not limited to the Maintenance Technicians (Excel initially moving to SAP in 2022).
· Be responsible for generating weekly KPIs & graphical trends on maintenance data and communicate such to the Engineering Team and Site SMT.
– To generate and issue daily and weekly maintenance plans for the Shift maintenance engineers scheduling both planned and reactive work.
– Ensure a best practise approach to communicating all aspects of planned maintenance activity on site, effectively communication with the Maintenance Team, Operations and other support functions on site.
– Chair daily meetings with the Maintenance Team Leader, Production Shift Managers and other key stakeholders to understand current plant issues and priorities. Ensure that planned work fits with production schedules and that any downtime requirement is effectively scheduled with production.
– Review the plan with the Maintenance Team Leader / Engineering Manager and communicate the plan to all key stakeholders.
– Manage the handling of Corrective /reactive maintenance notifications raised by all departments, converting these notifications to Maintenance Work Orders, prioritising the work orders based on agreed criteria
– Manage the scheduling of planned preventative maintenance for all areas based on the agreed PPM Master Schedule for all plant and equipment.
– Adopt a “go and see” attitude on reported notifications and engage with all appropriate staff, e.g. production, quality and engineers to determine the actual root cause of the problem so the suitable repair is planned & scheduled.
– Ensure work scheduled is signed off on completion (Technical Completion – TECO once SAP PM is live) and that a record file of maintenance activity is maintained for all plant and equipment.
– Ensure partially completed work is reviewed with the Maintenance Team Leader / Engineering Manager and team leaders and re planned promptly and appropriately
– Manage and maintain a suite of maintenance KPI’s including tracking corrective work order and planned maintenance completion vs target.
– Control the planned maintenance master schedule.
– Trend data regarding machine breakdowns including PM effectiveness and make recommendations to improve the effectiveness of PM routines.
– Review recommendations with the Engineering Manager and Maintenance Team Leader and update the PM schedule to reflect agreed changes ensuring management of change protocols are used to track the changes.
– Manage the planning of all statutory inspections – including portable appliance testing, fixed wire testing, pressure vessels, lifting equipment, LEV equipment, electrical thermographic etc. Work closely with maintenance manager ensuring up and coming inspections are scheduled before their expiry date and all reactive observations are communicated.
– 3+ years qualified in a Mechanical or Electrical Discipline
– Proficient user in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint ideally experience in SAP PM
– Experienced in maintenance planning & scheduling
– Evidence of having carried out Risk Assessments and hazard elimination
– Working knowledge of manufacturing operations and processes
– Detailed knowledge of manufacturing equipment, and safety requirements in the maintenance and repair of same
– Understanding of statutory inspections and examinations