Our client is a major meat processor exporting to over 20 countries.
We are recruiting on their behalf for a Lean Coordinator to join their team in Tipperary.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate. There are opportunities for support in order to develop your skills and competencies.
• To actively participate in all training and development opportunities
• To continuously improve their understanding of the Company Way Model Elements and of Lean/Continuous improvement methods.
You will coach the teams to:
o “Identify and eliminate waste within the business (8 Wastes)”
o “Find the problems, Fix the problem, stop the problem coming back”
o “Engage, Standardise, Improve”
o “Plan, Do, Check, Act”
• Maintain Site and Department Master schedules and to chair regular reviews
• Influence the senior team to set and achieve improvement targets and manage recovery where needed
• To provide training and coaching to the team in 5S, to embed 5S in the work practice of all employees by influencing and working with supervisors
• To maintain schedule for implementation and develop Layered Confirmation of 5s standard
• To support the site training officers in making matrices and scorecards
• Support the GM in Training Meetings
• Assess accuracy of score cards and time logs
• Support decision making in prioritising work and highlight training performance in the meetings
• To agree meaningful Site and Departmental Key performance Metrics and keep updated accurately, ensuring that issues are escalated.
• To assist the senior teams in identifying and solving problems using the elements of Problem Escalation (PDCA), Practical Problem Solving and Panel Review.
• To create a meeting structure and score card agenda which effectively focuses the team, highlights the right problems, ensures root causes are agreed and addressed or the issue is escalated at the right time.
• To coach the teams in PPS on complex problems and ensure these projects progress quickly and with appropriate panel reviews.• To build “Layered Confirmation” with the managers. A system of checks focussing on the
issues at the appropriate frequency and being checked by multiple people within the team at the right frequency
• To help the team by Task Mapping and developing Standard Work Menus to manage the site energy and sustainability programme in compliance with EPA Licences, ISO 14001, 50001, EWS and any local requirements.
• Strategy Awareness: support the Master Schedule to achieve the overall mission, vision and values of the business
• Team Behaviours and Engagement: always looking to engage and involve their teams, treats other teams fairly. Uses data to drive effective meetings. Committed to improving the culture of the organisation through coaching, training and development
• Standardisation: Understands and develops 5S teams and standards. Ensures there are visual standards for all areas and operations that teams are set up to achieve these standards
• Leader Standard Work: Standardises their own role in as much as possible Identifies the right things and frequencies and delegates these both down and up. Highlights breakdowns in the standards as priority areas for improvement
• Problem Solving: Eliminates Root Causes effectively at the lowest possible level, escalates problems as trained and engages with the CI tools as appropriate and closes out every problem fully
Education & Experience
• 2 year’s relevant experience preferably within the meat or food industry.
• Lean qualification
• Experience of working in a dynamic business is desirable.
• A strong commercial mind set is imperative.
• Solid working knowledge of MS Office