We are recruiting for an HSEQ Manager with proven track record within the construction industry for a client involved in some of the most high profile projects currently underway in Ireland.
- Provides advice, guidance, and instruction on all HSEQ matters to everyone in the Company, including employees, Sub-contractors, Suppliers and Visitors to sites.
- Manage, update and maintain company Integrated Management System and ensures the continual improvement of the systems, in conjunction with the Factory and Project H&S Teams.
- Manage the development of standardised systems and documentation across all projects and premises.
- Act as primary point of contact for external audits from certification and statutory bodies, such as SCCS, EPA, HSA, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of tender submissions and pre-qualification documentation.
- Represent the company at tender submissions and industry events if required.
- Assumes the responsibility for Occupational Health & Safety within the company.
- Prepares, agrees with Directors, and installs a Safety Statement and ensures compliance with stated Safety Policy and Health and Safety Regulations.
- Liaises with all Company Management Sections and engages all personnel in a united effort in accident prevention and ensuring healthy working conditions.
- Chair EHS Meetings across all projects to ensure a unified approach.
- Order work to stop if of the opinion that, any activities represent a serious risk of personal injury to persons in that area.
- Completes Site Safety Inspections on projects in liaison with Site Management, recommends improvement and reports to the Project Managers.
- Ensures that full co-operation is given to all Safety Representatives that are elected and that adequate time and training is provided for discharge of their duties.
- Ensures Project Specific Safety & Health Plans, Quality Plans and Environmental Plans are developed for individual projects where required and recommends relevant procedures and personal protective equipment.
- Reviews or follows up where necessary on Inspection Reports, Health and Safety suggestions, complaints, and requests for information.
- Carries out Investigations to establish cause of accident, incident or dangerous occurrence and recommends for future avoidance.
- Arranges for training of employees at all levels in conjunction with Site EHS Teams.
- Assists in on-going training of employees as requested.
- Acquires and distributes HSEQ publications, literature, and materials.
- Arranges for the regular active monitoring of the implementation of health and safety policies and procedures such that the key health and safety objectives of the project can be achieved, maintained, and improved upon.
- Ensures that Sub-contractors have been properly vetted prior to commencement and that all required documentation is received
- Ensures that adequate protection is provided to protect the public and particular attention is given to ensure children are kept clear of the work area at all times.
- Take immediate action where unsafe working conditions/practices are observed and make appropriate corrections, including disciplinary action if merited.
- Advise and Assist in the enforcement of the controls put in place across our workplaces to minimise the transmission of COVID-19 and lead by example in the wearing of appropriate PPE.
For more information on this role or to apply, email Rob Smith, Protential Resources
email@example.com or call 086 068 0520