This position has overall responsibility for the manufacturing and test processes at the Dublin manufacturing site of a global medical, world class manufacturing facility.
You will manage, direct and co-ordinate the activities of a group of Managers, Team Leaders, Systems Test and Production Staff to meet production schedules, cost parameters and customer scheduled delivery dates.
You will be accountable for the integrity of the Dublin site manufacturing and testing processes. This requires maintaining sound relationships with all internal support functions and continuous process improvements through the application of manufacturing and testing “best practices”, which delivers quality and timely product at the lowest total cost, so that corporate targets and customer requirements are met.
You will be responsible for managing, developing and motivating a large team of highly skilled employees across a number of products, including assembly, systems test and departmental administration to meet their individual and plant objectives.
- Manage the Dublin site product-specific manufacturing and test functions to obtain the scheduled output of a high-quality product whilst meeting the required quality/regulatory/quantity/time/safety/cost objectives.
- Serve as a member of the Senior Management Team of the Dublin facility, establishing direction and making decisions on site-wide priorities. Share responsibility for achievement of site objectives.
- Meet the production schedules and customer scheduled delivery dates through the efficient utilisation of available resources (manpower, equipment, material, space, etc.).
- Foster good employee relations through effective feedback and communication.
- Champion “Continuous Improvement” of manufacturing and plant operations. Develop and implement “Best Practice” processes and procedures to achieve lowest total delivered cost, highest manufactured quality, and timely delivery objectives.
- Lead and actively drive new product/process introduction, including strong participation of your group in cross-functional project teams, and coordinating requirements and objectives with Diagnostics’ manufacturing and development organizations.
- Manage manufacturing rating system to ensure performance of key metrics are met in the areas of manufacturing, inventory, cost, quality, and customer responsiveness.
- Co-ordinate to resolve any issues that may impact meeting production schedule and with Customer Services to co-ordinate priority sales order changes.
- Interface with Dublin site Quality and Engineering functions to ensure effective implementation of notified product design changes and performance enhancements.
- Develop and monitor budget activities, control of overtime and related expenses for the manufacturing function.
- Work closely with counterparts in other company sites.
- Ensure regulatory compliance and safe operation of production activities.
- Assure performance management and development planning processes are in place for all production employees.
- Business, Manufacturing or Engineering degree with a minimum of 10 years production management experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of and experience in material planning systems (MRP/MRP II), inventory management, and up-to-date manufacturing processes and scheduling.
- Must have experience with advanced continuous improvement and Lean Manufacturing processes. Must have ability to analyse details and organise into a professional business plan.
- Must have strong Employee Relations/IR experience in maintaining good employee relations on the site.
An excellent salary and an unrivalled benefits package is on offer for the right candidate
To apply in confidence or for more info, email me at email@example.com