We are looking for a knowledgeable, driven and systematic person to head up our clients Quality and Technical System function .
Our client is a family owned company who specialise in growing, producing and sourcing fresh fruit and vegetables, serving a wide range of customers including Supermarkets, Independent Retailers and the Export market.
- Strong systems, process and business analysis skills to maintain and develop current QMS to guarantee the production of safe and legal produce to the correct specification.
- Manage compliance of BRC, ISO, HACCP and all food standards and identify any gap analysis to create Procedures and SOP’s
- Co-ordinate coaching, training and information to enable different departments to deliver quality and food safety role requirements to a competent level.
- Lead quality incident investigations to establish root cause and corrective and preventive actions where necessary.
- Lead all site activities to prevent/ control non-conformances through quality processes.
- Maintain and report all weekly and monthly KPIs to management team.
- Proactively identify, review and take ownership for improvement of QMS.
- Oversee the verification and maintenance and validation of process and quality control equipment.
- Lead 3rd party accreditation standards for all external and internal audits for the Site.
- Leader of Internal Audit, Traceability and HACCP teams
- Work with the NPD and Quality teams ensuring that product development trials and activities are introduced and managed in a controlled fashion
- 3rd level qualification in Food Science/Diploma in Commercial Horticulture or a related discipline
- In depth knowledge (minimum 3 years) and experience in quality, food safety, microbiology, in an FMCG environment.
- Strong people leadership skills and ability to integrate differing functional demands is essential.
- Strong customer service and relationship management skills.
- Sound knowledge of food production process and legislation is desirable.
- A high level computer literacy and competency i.e, Word, Microsoft Office, Powerpoint.
- Strong background in Food Safety and Quality Management Systems with BRC Audit experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to drive continuous improvement
- Proven ability to drive change and conformance in a varied and fast-paced environment
- Internal Auditor Training Certification desirable.