Our client operates businesses in the agricultural, hospitality and commercial investment sectors. They are seeking an ambitious Financial Accountant to join their head office team in Co. Louth.
In this role you will be responsible for assisting in the running of a controlled and efficient finance function, reporting to management.
The role offers significant scope for development and progression as the company continues to grow, with a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include:
- Timely and accurately processing of Monthly financial closing
- Preparation of monthly management accounts packs
- Monitoring and analysis of results and key figures with Budget and year-on-year comparison
- Manage and monitor the ongoing and future financial performance of the business to ensure management can optimise decision making.
- Balance Sheet review coordination
- Preparation of Budgets, Forecasts, Monthly Forecasts and BCA (Business cases)
- Assistance with completion of Internal audits and facilitation of external audits
- VAT compliance
- Manage multiple stakeholders internally and externally
- Finance team reference point for Operational teams
- Project management and Ad hoc analysis as required
Key skills and experience for this role will include:
- Recognised Accountancy Qualification ACA / ACCA, with 1-2 years PQE
- Commercial & financial experience
- Excellent communication skills at all levels across the business and with external stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to influence management decisions by demonstrating a detailed understanding of the business
- People management experience
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise own workload in order to meet key monthly deadlines
- Experience with ERP /Cloud Accounting systems
- Strong IT literacy- knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint.