Our client one of Ireland’s largest Structural Steel Companies in Ireland wish to appoint an experienced EHS Advisor to work on some of the largest and most prestigious construction projects in Ireland. This is an opportunity for someone with ambition and drive to join a dynamic and growing company who take pride in their work.
Location: North Kildare
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, confident and motivated with good communication skills and able to work independently as well as part of a team. The desired candidate should be able to demonstrate a pragmatic and proactive approach to problem-solving and an ability to liaise with site management and client’s representatives as appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and conduct audits, toolbox talks and other training activities
- Monitor legislative updates, ensuring necessary changes are applied promptly
- Regularly review and update Risk Assessments, Safer Operating Procedures, and Safety Statements, communicating any updates to Sites.
- Complete Safety Induction Training for all new employees and sub-contractors, and maintain documentary evidence of same.
- Carry out Safety Audits.
- Investigate, record, and report accidents, incidents and near–misses promptly, ensuring any corrective actions are implemented without delay.
- Identify new and on-going safety related training requirements, ensuring all mandatory training is reviewed and delivered on time.
- Review sub-Contractors safety statements and safety compliance.
- Attend regular Health and Safety Meetings no behalf of the company.
Necessary Skills and Requirements:
- Degree/ Diploma in Health and Safety
- Minimum 5 Years’ experience in a Similar Role.
- Must be comfortable in carry out training, Risk Assessments, Methods Statements and Safety and Health Plans and other Health and Safety Reports.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Up to date with Legislation, Guidance, Advice and Compliance.
Job Type: Full-time
Remuneration package will reflect the selected persons experience and capabilities.
Apply in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org