We are currently recruiting this exciting and challenging new role for a medical manufacturing client in expansion mode. As a key member of their leadership team your responsibilities will include:
• Driving engagement in safety vision, to prevent incidents through focus on unsafe behaviours and working conditions.
• Managing resource utilization to assure timely production and quality standards are achieved daily. Coordinates the creation and maintenance of appropriate levels of manufacturing capacity while controlling labour and overhead costs.
• Structuring the organization of departments to ensure manufacturing of products with consistent quality, timely delivery, and competitive
• Plan, facilitate, and/or lead continuous improvement with focus on safety, quality, delivery, inventory, and cost.
• You will demonstrate a strong talent management ability focusing on hiring, coaching, directing, and developing employees while increasing engagement.
• Driving safety policies, practices, programs, and initiatives to ensure a safe work environment for all employees.
• Execute sales forecast, managing the priorities of production areas to optimize daily output.
• Lead the planning and implementation of NPI, ERP and CRM systems with R&D, QA and Marketing department.
• Ensure facility operates within, and maintains compliance with, applicable regulatory requirements such the FDA regulated Quality System, ISO, etc.
• Ensure availability of key products, and reduced lead times while simultaneously minimizing the value of raw material, work in process, and finished goods inventory.
• Manage manufacturing engineering colleagues in developing and implementing process improvements, production safety features and cost reduction concepts, whilst providing production and R&D support.
• Manage facilities team in the preventative maintenance & repair of site and production equipment.
• Participate in review of product designs and support overall product development
• Participate in and contribute to strategic and operating plan processes; Be an active leader contributing to the overall running of business.
• Partner with Finance team on measurement and reporting of manufacturing metrics and cost control activities.
• Establish and adhere to annual budgets.
• Oversee development and maintenance of appropriate work instructions.
• Practice good housekeeping and appropriate measures to prevent pollution or other negative impacts on the environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Operations, Engineering, Business or related field is required
• Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in a manufacturing or operations/leadership role is required
• Experiencing utilizing an ERP system in an Operations setting is required
• Proven experience in leading and implementing lean methodologies, creating flow & establishing pull for high volume products, with measurable results is required
• Experience in medical device assembly or injection moulding manufacturing advantageous
• Experience in an FDA/ISO regulated environment
• Proven leadership skills including team building, collaborating, accountability, strategic and innovative thinking.
• Strong decision-making skills in response to high pressure situations.
• Results oriented approach focused on developing and building high performance teams.
• Ability to manage effectively at all levels, communicate a clear and compelling vision and influence others to support timely achievement of initiatives and goals.
• Strategic and critical thinking abilities, strong analytical skills, and financial acumen.
• Proven ability to drive and implement process management, value stream execution, and continuous improvement activities.
email rob@protentialresources to apply or call me on 086 068 0520