In this role will play a crucial role in shaping both current and future research projects within the company global R&D function. You will understand how product relates to process and test products at a laboratory and pilot scale.
You will liaise with other project leaders and internal/external stakeholders (e.g. external academia, industrial suppliers etc) to influence future research activities which solve technical problems.
- Direct and deliver technical projects for new product development involving continuous improvement and innovative strategy.
- The developments of consumer acceptable products / technologies are required to meet an increasingly regulated environment. You will be part of a team responsible for developing these technologies to a point where they can be handed over to the project team for introduction into the product portfolio.
- Collect data required to make improvements and/or modifications within the plant.
- Overseeing the construction of new plants
- Investigating and troubleshooting plant/process problems
- Ensuring that equipment works to its specification and to appropriate capacities
- Assessing safety and environmental issues
- Liaising with installation/project engineers and specialists
- Ensure safe working conditions and compliance with health and safety legislation.
- BSc, MSc, PhD or equivalent academic background in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, or a related subject.
- Commercial experience in product development
- Project Management skills
- Understanding or direct experience of working in a regulated environment
- Experienced in writing scientific reports and publications.