Buyer- Construction Materials
Our client is a leading construction materials manufacturing company, who provide a wide range of quality products and services to the construction industry.
This position will suit an experienced buyer ideally coming from a Construction or Engineering industry background.
Experience in commodities would be extremely beneficial in this role
- Negotiating agreements and prices with suppliers.
- Ability to gather and analyse data and work with figures.
- Excellence negotiation and networking skills.
- Very strong IT, numerical and data analysis skills with a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrate cost savings on major spends
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers;
- Manage company internal purchasing system in line with company policy, ensuring all information is accurate and up to date
- forecast price trends and their impact on future activities;
- Carry out regular supplier assessment of existing suppliers.
- Degree/Diploma in Procurement
- At least 5 years’ experience of material/commodity purchasing in construction or engineering