Protential Resources are recruiting a, Account Assistant – AITI Qualified on behalf of their clients who run a very busy accountancy practice based in Ashbourne and Santry. The practice has a broad range of clients in sole trades, partnerships, audit, non-audit and in terms of industry/sector type, they do specialize in Medical Practices.
This is a great opportunity to work with a very progressive accountancy practice who recognise that their people are their greatest strength and actively promote personal development and further education.
The successful candidate will be an Accounting Technician and comfortable dealing with a broad range of clients. You will be confident in managing your own workload and meeting reporting deadlines.
You will have very good communications and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will assist with training the trainee Accountants in areas of bookkeeping therefore you will be office based at least 3 days per week, flexi time is also available.
Cloud Accounting expertise & OCR software (Auto entry, DEXT) would be a huge advantage but not essential.
- Preparation of book keeping records including sales, purchases and bank
- Creditors / Debtors / Bank reconciliations
- Preparation of VAT and VIES returns
- Payroll processing and filing with Revenue
- Prepare and file RCT returns
- Prepare accounts to TB
- Managing a portfolio of clients
- Training trainee accountants in bookkeeping skills
- Very good communication skills both among the team and dealing with clients
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar accounting role
- Use of bookkeeping packages – Surf, Xero, Sage…
- Proficiency in MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work independently and manage your workload
- Fluent English and the ability to meet reporting deadlines
A very good remuneration package will be put in place for the selected person.