Protential Resources are recruiting a Bookkeeper/Accounting Technician on behalf of their clients’ very busy practice. Our client is a two-partner practice employing thirty staff located in Ashbourne & Santry. The practice has a broad range of clients in sole trades, partnerships, audit, non-audit and in terms of industry/sector type.
However, they do specialise in Medical Practices. Most of their clients are located in the Meath/Dublin region but they do have a large number around the country also.
The successful candidate will be an Accounting Technician or similar and comfortable dealing with a broad range of clients across different industries. This person should be confident in managing their own workload and meeting reporting deadlines with excellent communication skills.
A mix of regular hours in office and some working from home will be considered, ideally, we would also like the candidate to train the trainee Accountants in areas of bookkeeping therefore they would need to be office based 2-3 days a week. They offer flexi-time as well. Cloud Accounting expertise & OCR software (Auto entry, DEXT) would be a huge advantage but not essential
- Preparation of book keeping records including sales, purchases and bank
- Creditors / Debtors / Bank reconciliations
- Preparation of VAT and VIES returns
- Payroll processing and filing with Revenue
- Prepare and file RCT returns
- Prepare accounts to TB
- Managing a portfolio of clients
- Training trainee accountants in bookkeeping skills
- Very good communication skills both among the team and dealing with clients
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar accounting role
- Use of bookkeeping packages – Surf, Xero, Sage…
- Proficiency in MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work independently and manage your workload
- Ability to meet reporting deadlines
- Fluent English
A very good remuneration package will be put in place for the selected person.