Quantity Surveyor - formwork
Ref: QS LFD
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Job Type: Permanent
Posted on: 2019-04-26 12:20:52
Consultant: Andrew Donlon
Quantity Surveyor – Concrete Formwork
(Permanent role – Dublin)
Our client specialises in concrete Formwork – carrying out projects with some of the main contractors in Ireland. They are a long established business who have built up a proven track record in this area for over 20 years, working on some very large projects across Ireland. Our client is expanding and looking to take on a QS with real drive and energy and who is interested in making a strong contribution to the business. This is an important role within the business and the person will work under the brief of the Senior QS initially.
Measure Concrete Formwork jobs from the drawings/specifications.
· Prepare clear and accurate Valuations for project tenders according to client requirements and price the jobs keenly to make sufficient profit and ensure competitive pricing.
· The QS work produced, needs to be of a high standard, to stand up under scrutiny from Main contractors.
· Go onsite to meet clients and review & monitor projects being carried out to required costings. Ensure jobs are meeting the agreed specifications as per the Valuations.
· Communicate and liaise with Engineers and deal with any difficulties that arise to ensure project valuations meet the signed off agreed costings.
· Read and review drawings as provided by design engineers and carry out valuations as per design specifications.
· The successful candidate will work under the existing Senior QS. Once the successful QS proves themselves and gets up to speed.
· The successful candidate will be based between the office and out on client sites, depending on what’s going on with various jobs.
· The person must be based within the Greater Dublin area.
QS experience of Measuring Formwork jobs and valuation of these.
· Must have minimum 3 to 6 years’ QS experience of this type of work, ideally dealing with a main contractor.
· Strong attention to detail and highly organised and efficient in all dealings and keep track of ongoing tasks for current and pipeline projects.
· Accuracy in measuring and preparation of tenders to ensure costings are correct.
· Must be able to read and work off designs as produced by the Engineers and be able to discuss and understand all technical requirements.
· Team player – ability to work with members of the team both inside the company and with others from the Main contractors and other Subbies.
· Personal qualities – candidate must be have really good strong work ethic, willing to roll up the sleeves and take real pride in their work.
· Excellent English communication skills both verbal and written.
· Must have initiative and really good attitude.
· Strong IT skills required in preparation of valuations and reports as required.APPLY NOW