Location: Kildare, Ireland
Job Type: Permanent
Posted on: 2019-10-25 12:41:58
Consultant: Gary Gorman
Job title: Project Engineer
Business Nature: Our Client is the largest provider of High Purity Process Water Systems in Ireland. Our main clients are in the Pharmaceutical; Biotech / Life Science; Healthcare; Food & Beverage and Micro-Electronics Sectors.
- To generate proposals and tenders.
- To generate technical drawings.
- To generate documentation.
- To house all in-coming and in-house drawings.
- To project-manage all contracts assigned from implementation through to handover.
- To improve profitability.
The Project Engineer reports to the Engineering Manager (or appointed delegate).
Key Responsibilities & Tasks of the Jobholder:
Proposal & Contract Stage
- Discuss the enquiry with the Managing Director, or appointed delegate, or Client in order to determine key criteria such as final water quality specification; preferred purification technologies; scope of supply; contract budget and timeframe.
- Prepare and submit Design and Commercial Proposals to clients and follow-up as necessary to secure a Purchase Order.
- Obtain the contract of acceptance in writing from the client and acknowledge receipt of the order.
- Attend “hand-over” meetings from Sales to Contracts to identify and understand the conditions of contract and ensure that the Purchase Order reflects the scope of the work.
- Conduct Design Reviews to check that the sales design complies with the contract requirements, procurement budgets and installation method statements before it is adopted. Check through the water analysis, the mechanical / hydraulic and electrical engineering design requirements of the proposed system.
- Establish an accurate personnel administration and record system and maintain these in compliance with QA procedures.
- Produce a contract programme, schedule and other administrative documents for each contract and issue these to the relevant people, ensuring that the contract programme is on schedule at all times and the conditions of contract adhered to.
- Monitor progress, prepare progress reports and attend weekly progress meetings.
- Ensure that all potential variations are identified, quantified and agreed with the clients’ agents in accordance with the contract procedure.
- Obtain appropriate assistance and input from other people / departments in a timely manner so as to meet the contract requirements.
- Advise the Managing Director, or appointed delegate, of the technical standards and specifications of the contract and include these with the procurement documents.
- Prepare a “hand-over” pack for the Service Department and schedule system commissioning.
- Project-manage all contracts assigned until hand-over to the client.
- Carry-out a post contract meeting with the Managing Director, or appointed delegate, and other departments with a view to improving contract performance.
- Prepare and ensure completion and “sign-off” of Proposal Design Sheets and Cost Sheets.
- Review the cost sheet and necessary resources for successful completion of the contract.
- Prepare a Cost Sheet for each contract with prior agreement from the Finance Director and Managing Director, or appointed delegate.
- Agree the Cost Sheet and progress valuations with the client and liaise with the Finance Director to ensure that payment is being made by the client in accordance with the schedule.
- Procure cost-effective equipment in compliance with the agreed project programme, terms and conditions and client specification and ensure that goods and services are available on time.
- Monitor the contract for Scope, Time and Budget variations and generate a Variations Engineering Cost Sheet for approval and signature by the client before work commences.
- Prepare cost spreadsheets to determine the contract value and margin. Monitor, maintain and improve the contract margin where possible without compromising technical quality or standards.
- Submit Contract Management Reports monthly to the Managing Director, or appointed delegate, indicating margin position.
- Represent the Company on all matters relating to the contract and control all related correspondence and documentation.
- Carry out all client communications politely, professionally and courteously, promoting good relations and efficiency and delivering a professional approach at all times.
- Plan all site operations with the relevant organisations briefed in the technical, safety and timescale requirements of the contract.
- Attend site meetings with the Client, Engineering Consultant and Sub-contractor when required and issue the relevant follow-up minutes.
- Ensure that standard and special systems Operating Handbooks are issued to the client in accordance with the contract timeframe and, where appropriate in larger systems, ensure that clients receive a thorough operating training.
Health & Safety
- Be aware and familiar with the risks associated with particular industries before visiting a site and request from the client details of known health and safety hazards and follow any instructions given, acting in a responsible and aware manner, avoiding undue risks.
- Comply with all health and safety requirements when dealing with suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Adhere to all Company and client safety and health regulations and employee obligations.
Requirements and Features that need emphasising:
- This is a business-critical role for the reasons outlined in the Job Function.
- The Jobholder undertakes to work efficiently and effectively and to take full ownership and accountability for the execution and delivery of the key responsibilities and tasks defined in this role and to seek direction and approval from the Managing Director, or appointed delegate, where required.
- Full responsibility for a contract is undertaken once it is assigned by the Managing Director, or appointed delegate.
- Sufficient documentary records are collated to confirm that procedures have been satisfied and to ensure that the Company’s position is protected should a dispute arise.
- The profit margin on all contracts is improved with a minimum requirement of maintaining the initial sales margin.
- The Jobholder undertakes to maintain strong and professional relationships with customers and colleagues and to deliver excellent service to both at all times.
- The Jobholder undertakes to interact with customers, internal colleagues and the Senior Management Team in a polite and professional manner, upholding the Company’s best-in-class reputation at all times.
- The Jobholder proactively contributes to the Company’s success and acts as a responsible team player to support colleagues and the best interests of the Company at all times.
- The Jobholder is committed to the on-going success of the Company and undertakes to actively identify and deliver continuous improvement and growth within the Company.
- The Jobholder is punctual, motivated and an organised self-starter who demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment to completing all tasks and activities to the highest standard possible and within the required time-frame.
- The Jobholder commits to continuous learning and the use of the latest IT equipment and software as required by the role.
- The Jobholder demonstrates a positive approach to all tasks and can work unsupervised or as a part of a team to complete the work duties required in the role.
- The Jobholder undertakes to follow Company Directives and adhere to Company Policies and Procedures at all times.
- The Jobholder demonstrates a flexible approach to working hours in order to cope with urgent situations and an unexpected workload as well as a willingness to undertake the additional duties which may be required from time to time by the Company to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Engineering Department.
This Job Description is only intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements for this position. This Job Description is not intended as inclusive of all duties the Jobholder might be asked to perform, or that may be required to be performed either now or in the future.
6 Month Probation
Pension, Bonus Scheme after 6 months
Annual Salary Increase
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: €50,000.00 /yearAPPLY NOW