Level 2 Field Service Engineer
Location: Mullingar, County Westmeath, Ireland
Job Type: Permanent
Posted on: 2019-07-16 15:51:39
Consultant: Gary Gorman
The role involves installing and maintaining systems with our large customer base daily. Supporting and troubleshooting customer queries and offering advice on new systems and products. You will also use our CRM & marketing tools to help our clients grow their business through our unique and innovative labels and systems.
- Maintain a high degree of technical competence and expertise on thermal desktop / industrial printers and software which support them.
- Provide level 2 timely and accurate technical assistance/support via phone, remote sessions and email to customers, partners and MLS Staff using standard support tools and existing guidelines.
- Upselling customers, ensuring high level of Customer Care, and maintaining communications with the customer key to the role.
- Make regular contributions to the continuous improvement process in the department.
- Provides regular case updates and report on support cases as required by Management.
- Participate in new product development and training, providing new product information and knowledge sharing to the team.
- Process orders in organised and timely manner and run stocktake count on a monthly basis.
- Manage your time to efficiently organise installations. Done both remotely via TeamViewer and on site in customers location.
- Product installation,
- System design,
- System integration.
(May require overnight travel occasionally)
- Promote MLS Core Values with a positive image of product professionalism, technical skills, and company commitment to provide high quality of service.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by Manager.
- Associate Degree or Professional Technical Certification in Information Technology/Computer Science/Networking with more than 2 years of system troubleshooting experience.
- Knowledge of Web-based Server-client software programming in Windows, RFID, service and repair on Enterprise Laser or Thermal printer, wired/wireless troubleshooting, Customer facing Technical Support experience will be added advantage.
- Knowledge in any of the following 3 areas:
- Mobile Computing technologies & Web-based Server-client programming knowledge including programming with .NET and C/C++, Java, SQL, LUA; developing innovative IT solutions for IOS, Windows 10, DLL’s, API’s; SDK; Bluetooth and WIFI.
- Barcode/RFID Scanning technologies including RS-232, Scanner Emulation, USB, Bluetooth, scan engine integration knowledge, Barcode symbology, 1D/2D Laser and imaging (digital picture) technology.
- Enterprise Printer technologies: Thermal printer knowledge, Enterprise Printer drivers, configuration and repair knowledge, Printer application software interface programming knowledge (API, SDK), Thermal and card printer management.
- Minimum of 2 years of Support Centre/Help Desk experience in a customer support role.
- Required to have good time management skills, multitasking, discipline, punctuality, ownership, pro-active and sense-of urgency.
- Excellent command of communication skills and writing skills in English.
- Must have strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills and be able to interact effectively with customers to troubleshoot problems over the phone/remotely.
- Full Clean Driving Licence.