Health and Safety Officer
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Job Type: Permanent
Posted on: 2018-10-26 09:14:49
Consultant: Andrew Donlon
Health & Safety Officer - (Dublin based)
We are actively recruiting for an experienced Health and Safety Advisor based role in Dublin.
The successful candidate will work with our client as a Health & Safety Advisor to drive the safe delivery of their projects & promote a positive safety culture on their sites across Dublin
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish, develop and work with the HSE team to instil a positive safety culture on sites ensuring that our clients safety management system and safe systems of work are regularly reviewed and adhere to the company’s safety management system and their statutory obligations.
- Review & revise project specific HSE documentation / site H&S plans.
- Advise the company’s site team in relation to their duties under relevant legislation & Construction Regulations.
- Co-ordinate and supervise the company on specified projects to ensure AF1 and AF2 forms, site induction training, method statements, risk assessments, toolbox talks, safety audits, plant inspections, working at height equipment inspections, incident and accident reports etc. are completed as required.
- Provide advice & direction to the company’s project management team.
- Assist the company’s site team in the preparation of task risk assessments and method statements.
- Review subcontractor documentation for adequacy.
- Proactively monitor works to ensure control measures are effective.
- Promote a positive safety culture & continuous improvement throughout the project.
- Carry out all work requested in a professional and diligent manner.
- Suitable third level safety qualification.
- Excellent knowledge of Client, PSDP & PSCS duties.
- Requirement to have a working knowledge of implementing ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 & Safe T Cert management systems.
- Experience in preparation of all documentation relating to Construction Regulations 2013 – Safety Statements; Method Statements; Risk Assessments; Preliminary Health & Safety Plans; Construction Stage Health & Safety Plans etc. would be advantageous.
- Maintain high professional standards with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written) Excellent communication skills (interpersonally & written).
- Possess excellent IT skills with experience using Microsoft packages (word, excel, PowerPoint etc)
- High professional standards with capability to work in a busy, fast paced environment.
- An effective team player who enjoys working to deadlines.
- A proactive, self-starter with the ability to manage own workload and prioritise tasks.
There will be a requirement to travel to support our various projects.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop their skills and gain experience working in a busy and challenging environment and will suit a H&S professional who enjoys supporting the safe delivery of outstanding projects.
Our client is offering Competitive salary & benefits package available commensurate with experience.APPLY NOW