Location: Dublin, Ireland
Job Type: Permanent
Posted on: 2019-09-09 11:26:37
Consultant: Gary Gorman
Since the 1950s, our client has been providing the pharmaceutical, semiconductor, industrial, food, commercial and retail industries with professional project management and high calibre craftsmanship. They are now on the lookout for a EHS Manager to join their dedicated, passionate team.
This is a senior position with overall responsibility for managing EHS with an established Tier 1 Company.
As the EHS Manager, you will be responsible for management of EHS, providing a high level of guidance to the business and;
- Responsible for the retention of external certifications of our Integrated Management System ISO14001, and Safe-T-cert and to ensure continuing compliance of our EHS activities with applicable legislation.
- Support effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management by team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, reporting.
- Champion behaviour change to reduce loss events & increase productivity/profit.
- Assist with completing EHS pre-qualification tenders & attended pre-qualification meetings/interviews.
- Chair & direct EHS Steering Committee meetings.
- Continual promotion of the EHS ethos and culture at all levels in the Company, including supply chain.
- Prequalification and management of subcontractor’s EHS and assisted in updating their overall competency to deliver high EHS standards and maintain performance database.
- Manage EHS department operations and capital budget within agreed targets and contribute to the annual preparation of these budgets.
- Liaise with clients, consultants & various regulatory bodies on all EHS aspects for day to day operations.
- Engage with insurance providers to review subcontractor insurances, loss event claims and seek reductions in premiums.
- Work closely with HR department to ensure employee wellbeing is always considered and minimise HR/IR issues.
- Lead all investigations for loss events, ensuring events are fully investigated, root causes identified and CAPA identified, implemented and evaluated.
- Prepare and distribute regular EHS alerts as required.
- Identify new and ongoing EHS training, develop and provide statutory and bespoke EHS training and ensure EHS information/databases are kept up to date, including CPD training, Construction Industry Register Ireland (CIRI).
- Compile and report EHS KPI’s as agreed with the board and project teams and drive improvement programs to establish as a high performing business in relation to EHS control.
- Ensure compliance with business-wide policies & strategy through EHS audits and inspections.
- Fulfil the role of PSCS/Main Contractor, compile Construction Plans, Safety Statements, RAMS etc.
- Maintain a comprehensive Risk Assessment Program, identify potential EHS risks.
- Conduct all “risk assessments” as required by legislation and ensure they are reviewed at relevant intervals and maintain records of the same.
- Establish a comprehensive Environmental Aspects & Impact Program that anticipates the effects on the environment from our operational activities
- Ensure that Occupational Monitoring programs (e.g. chemicals, noise, dust, VDU assessments, ergonomic assessments, etc.) are defined and completed.
Conduct emergency response drills and ensure the Emergency Response Team (Fire Marshalls and Occupational First Aiders) are competent to fulfil their duties.
- Must hold a minimum Level 8 Diploma in Health and Safety Management or equivalent.
- 10 years previous experience working within a fast-paced environment within the construction industry within the Pharmaceutical, Microelectronic, Healthcare, Commercial & Public sectors.
- Mechanical and electrical experience a distinct advantage.
- Strong and proven ability to influence change and be a champion of best practice.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Computer literate, excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and a general competence in utilising new technologies.
- Experience managing Integrated Management System in compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and Safe-T-cert.
• Excellent communication skills / Team player with hands on approach to resolving issues.
• Be methodical, logical, efficient and highly organised.
• Train the Trainer
• Lead Auditor
• CIF PSCS certified or similar
• FETAC Manual Handling Instructor
• First Aid Responder (FAR)
• Membership of Institution of Occupational Safety and Health, preferably chartered status.APPLY NOW