Temporary & Contract
Temporary workers play an important role in many companies. We hire temps to cover the following scenarios:
- Cover during a permanent job process
- Overcoming headcount issues
- Expansion of business or function
- Project or implementation of systems
- Sick cover
- Maternity cover
- Redundancy – covering for work load as staff leave the business
- Increased work load due to busier period such as Christmas, Year end etc.
- Need for additional skills not in the business already
Why hire temporary or contract staff?
1. Enables your business to adjust more easily and quickly to workload fluctuations
Temporary help agencies can quickly provide your business with qualified staff.
2. Evaluate worker without commitment
You can employ a temp for a designated short term or, if desired, offer a full-time position to a worker who suits your business. Some businesses employ temporary workers as an excellent and cost-efficient way to recruit and test the abilities of new workers before signing them on full-time.
3. Save time and money
The cost of hiring temp workers is often cheaper than the cost of hiring permanent employees with benefits. In the short term, it is generally more cost-efficient to hire a temp. For jobs that are expected to last six months or longer, it may pay to hire a full-time employee.
4. Temporary employees can provide specialized skills to all types of industries
Temporary help agency workers are now employed in virtually every industry. Temporary workers increasingly include highly skilled individuals with a wide range of educational backgrounds and work experience. These individuals can tackle critical one-time projects that are limited in time and scope.